VoIP phone systems have been revolutionary for businesses. The next step is to make your VoIP system mobile. Smartphones are the future so it’s time to take your business into the future with mobile VoIP!
What is Mobile VoIP?
Basically, mobile VoIP allows you to make IP calls over some form of data connection. So, your mobile phone becomes your office extension, displaying your company caller ID on outbound calls.
How does it work?
As stated previously, mobile VoIP works on some form of data connection. It works with a mobile’s data connection (3G, 4G, etc) to send voice calls as signals over the internet using VoIP technology. It also uses WiFi/ hotspots to avoid a hefty bill caused by using data.
So, you know what it is and how it works but why do you want it? There are many reasons to use the VoIP app. Let’s have a look at some of the benefits for your business:
- Extremely portable; available worldwide
- Reduced call costs
- VoIP software is supported by major operating systems on both mobile and desktop devices
- It’s easy to implement – you can start using it right away
Mobile VoIP boasts many features that you may not be aware of. The features may vary depending on which mobile VoIP app you have. Let’s have a little look at some of the features offered:
- Switching between profiles – allows you to switch between your business and personal profile so you can utilise the app to its full potential.
- Call recording – just like on your VoIP office phone
- Extension to extension dialling
- Display your company ID on outbound calls – keeping your personal number private
- Call forwarding – allows you to forward unanswered calls to your desk phone
If you’re in mobile VoIP or have any queries, please feel free to get in touch!